Building a New mid range gaming pc(1,800CAD budget)

Options
Hi to all, I need your advice, recommendations and comments about the gaming pc I’m planning to buy and build. I’m still choosing if AMD Or Intel. Please enlighten me. About the graphics card should be something like 3060 with 3fans I guess?. I think 16gb ram is enough? 2x8gb. Power supply is about 750w gold plus I think. I haven’t choose a case yet because I don’t know if what case can fit the 3fans graphics card without problems. Liquid cooling system is good I think? Also about the motherboard, I’m thingking if there’s any recommendations that motherboard supports DDR5 but I’m gonna put DDR4 for now so maybe next year upgrade to ddr5. I just want a ddr5 ready mother board. I think the storage is 1tb m.2 2280 ssd? Please help me with this build and please the cheapest but best ones. Thank you for your help.🙂

Comments

• Kevin_m
    Kevin_m ✭✭
    Community Champion Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    Options

I can help get an outline for a parts list with you but before I do so I need to clarify that DDR4 and 5 are physically different meaning you cannot use DDR5 next year on a DDR4 motherboard if you choose to go with that now. Also, if you want DDR5 your only option at the moment is intel however a DDR5 system would be very expensive. so the big question is do you want to be on the cutting edge now with DDR5 but have to pay more or save a little and stick with DDR4 knowing that an upgrade to DDR5 in the future would also mean a motherboard upgrade at the very least.

• MauiR
    Options
    Ohhh okay so I’m gonna stick with DDR4 instead lol. Btw the build I want have already a wifi. Ty
  • Kevin_m
    Kevin_m ✭✭
    Options

got it lol and what will you be doing with the system? just gaming? or any streaming editing etc?

• MauiR
    Options
    Mostly gaming gta v and warzone and always connected to discord. Please help mee
  • Kevin_m
    Kevin_m ✭✭
    Options

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx#selector_84

this would be a decent build. i tried to keep it under budget (I'm is USD so i went off a 1400USD budget) as best as i could while also leaving room for changes or improvement. this does not include windows but it does include a case that can fit a 3 fan GPU as well as a liquid cooler. You don't NEED the liquid cooler but it will be better than the stock and aesthetically looks better

• Lambdaben
    Lambdaben ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls
    Options

You build is blank sir, try copying the link from the share option instead of the URL header

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

Definitely a good foundation of information here!

I would say you can probably forgo a liquid cooler in favor of upgrading your RTX 3060 Ti instead which should help in 1440p gaming and overall better framerates if you're still at 1080p. The Ryzen 5600x runs fairly cool with the included heatsink for a while until you save for an upgrade to a liquid cooler later! I made a list with a couple other ideas as well including faster RAM to help utilize Ryzen's Infinity Fabric more and a fully modular power supply to help with cable management.

A lot of these parts can be swapped out for something you appreciate more aesthetically as well so feel free to edit the list to your liking if you want RGB or different color components.

• Yingdong
    Yingdong ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited May 2022
    Options

Take a look at this

For cpu, the newer 12th gen intel is slaughtering the zen 3, the i5 12400 has beaten 5600x by small margin with even cheaper price tag.

But on motherboard side, the price is higher than the aging AMD am4, but a budget z690 ddr4 is still great and intel confirmed that it will be compatible with the future 13th gen intel core.

For ram although you said 16gb is enough, but sometimes it isn't. Given that the price of ddr4 ram is tipping at its toe it won't hurt by going 32gb.

For gpu the price of amd cards are dropping at huge, some flagship aib, like this red devil is reaching near the amd msrp of $480 while the nvidia cards are still holding high. I would say that this 6700xt is a great choice as its performance is on par with the 3070, and much more powerful than the 3060, 3060ti.

For psu Seasonic is a naming brand known to make great psu. Although you actually don't need that much wattage, but it wouldn't hurt to go higher at 850w to give you a future upgrade compatibility.

For ssd, you actually won't notice the difference of the most expensive drive and a budget drive in daily use, so it would be a good choice to go with the cheapest tlc nvme ssd available, the inland 1tb.

For cooler, not much to say, it is a single tower, with two 120mm fans, it cools cpu and made by deep cool and that's all.(although you can find some decent cooler for cheaper else where, this seem to the best price to performance cooler offered by microcenter)

That's all, let me know what do you think of this build.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99