About BIOS

Options
I’m building a pc with Ryzen 5 5600x, I have the mother board Asus Tuf Gaming B550-Plus Wifi2(3rd Gen Ryzen). Do I need to update the BIOS?

Extra Question: What is the use of the wifi that comes with the box? Do I need to put it or no? 

Thank you

Comments

• Yingdong
    Yingdong ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

You most likely don't need to update the bios given that ryzen 5000s came out more than one year ago, even you do it would be really easy. Tuf plus wifi 2 supports usb flashback and all you need is an usb drive. The wifi antenna is there to provide better signal, you can scroll and match it on I/O and leave it at the top of your case.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@MauiR

With a 5600X and a B550 board, you won't need a BIOS update to POST. It's a good idea to go ahead and flash the BIOS though, get updated to the latest AGESA firmware.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited June 2022
    Options

For the Wi-Fi antenna, you screw it in it to the gold ports next to the audio ports on the motherboard.

Without the antenna plugged in, you'd barely get any Wi-Fi signal. If you're using Ethernet, you don't have to use it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99