Need a basic computer

Options

Comments

• worker
    worker
    First Comment
    edited June 2022
    Options

I need a basic black box computer for photo and video work. No gaming. No flashing lights.

I want a 1tb sdd and 2 - 10 tb hdd's. 64 ram, no optical drive, I will use an external optical drive. I want a LTO tape drive port to use older LTO drives. Hi speed USB ports. Must have lots of cooling fans. Video heats it up. CPU? Something that works decent for basic video. Internet ready.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Almost all LTO drives use SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) so that needs a separate PCIe card to handle. I don't think MC carries those(?).

How many are "a lot" of cooling fans? A case such as the Corsair 5000 series can fit 10, for example.

What's your budget? I could suggest a system based around an $800 Core i9 CPU but if you tell me your total budget is $800 I'd have to start over.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Hello, if you can give us an idea on a budget I'm sure members here on Community would be glad to help you out.

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

The kind of video work and the programs you use will also change the hardware recommendations. A decent amount of video production, editing, and encoding software can be greatly sped up with GPU acceleration so that may be another full component into the mix. Any specifics on your intended use will also help us give you an even better answer!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99