Need some advice with building my PC?

I'm a music and film editor, looking to build my own PC, primarily for music production using Ableton 10 Suite as well as some guitar amp simulators. I've included my entire build thus far. I'm very new to building PCs, so I'm not sure if there are certain components that would be better suitable for the programs that I am using. Perhaps a different video card or CPU? I'm definitely going to be saving a lot of big files/projects on this computer. Not so much gaming. Any suggestions are welcome.

So far, my build includes the following:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 5600X Vermeer 3.7GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor

Motherboard: ASUS - B550-F ROG Strix Gaming AMD AM4 ATX

RAM: Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

Case: Lian Li - Lancool II MESH Type C RGB Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Snow White

Power Supply: EVGA - 650BQ 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply

Video Card: MSI - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card

SSD: Samsung - 870 EVO 1TB SSD 3-bit MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive + Samsung - 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V7S1T0B/AM)

Optical Drive: LG - GH24NSC0B 24x Internal DVD Rewritable SATA Drive

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound 3.5g

Keyboard: Logitech - MK320 Series Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• in my opinion i would change the power supply to 850 watt and buy the 980 pro samsug ssd, you might want to get a better system board ,

ideally a z690. think about this alot , your also going to do lots of music, and maybe video so think to the future 4 years that you are going to use this system. you might even consider a NAS ,( network attached storage ).

also look in the pro music magazines for multi channel audio input cards.

i have a gtx 1660 , they work good and also gert 32 gb ram

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    The 5600 CPU comes with a starter cooler with preapplied thermal paste so you don't need that tube of Artic Silver.

That case takes up to 4 drives in the 2.5" size and those cost a lot less than the m.2. Don't worry about running out of storage. If 2 of the 1tb m.2 are too expensive.

Definitely get 32gb of memory, either add another of those 2x8 or just get one pack of 2x16.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99