ASUS VG27AQL1A Went Berzerk!

Options
Aysee
Aysee ✭✭
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2022 in General Discussion

I bought this monitor about a week ago and up until tonight it has been fantastic. I was playing Halo Infinite and it suddenly started flashing like crazy and wouldn't stop (like, seizure inducing flashing). I turned it off and back on, the flashing stopped but now there are vertical lines on the screen. The black void is there even on the ASUS power up splash screen, so I don't believe it to be a PC/GPU issue. I've unplugged all cables from the monitor and their sources and reconnected but the lines are still there.

Anyone have a similar issue or know what might be going on?

Edit: Apparently I don't know the difference between horizontal and vertical.

Answers

• Lambdaben
    Lambdaben ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls
    Options

Hi @Aysee,

I have 2 suggestions

1. Try replacing the cable and see if you get the same results, I know its a long shot, but hey it's worth a try.
    2. Replace the monitor. Hate to say it, but there might have been a short in the monitor that caused the black bar to appear. This most likely happened because the monitor overheated and then caused a short.

Since you bought the monitor a week ago, you should be able to return it, given it meets the return policy of where you bought it from. Hope this helps!

• Aysee
    Aysee ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't try a different power cable, it doesn't use a typical monitor power cord plug and I don't have an alternate. I don't think a different display cable would help since the lines are there even if no display cable is connected. I suppose it could have overheated but it wouldn't have been due to external factors. It's in an open area in a cool basement (it's not humid either so moisture isn't the issue). Heading up tonight to swap it for another one (same model).

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Yes, if it's appearing even without a cable from monitor to PC, definitely bring that back in for a return/exchange within the 30 day return period.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99