I need help choosing PC Parts (Motherboard, Ram, Fans, AIO Cooler, etc)

Options

Hi yall, I got a budget of basically 6k and would like the beefiest computer, I do lots of video editing at 4k, and would like 64 gb of ram and the PC in general, I would like to keep it RGB / White Case themed with inspirations including Hyte Y60 Cases and Lian Li O11 Dynamic White (Mini or Mid). I don't really prefer whether to use AMD or Intel but it's going to either be Ryzen 9 5900x or Intel's i9-12900k. I also am going to use it to display my anime figures inside the case as well so I am not looking for a water cooling, preferably AIOs. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

I threw together a list of stuff here based on your budget, but I also swapped a few things around, and I'll let you know why.

I went with a 12900KS and a Z690 DDR5 board because that platform and RAM configuration consistently sits on top of the PugetBench benchmarking lists for video editing in premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve. I also selected the PROART board from ASUS because of its added quality of life features for professionals but you could easily swap it for an all-white ROG Strix board of the same price if aesthetics is that important to you!

First change I did was to upgrade you to 128gb of ram. This will drastically improve the throughput of information for your CPU to handle during rendering especially if you're working with RAW video files at 4k, 5k, 6k, or eventually 8k.

Inside the o11 dynamic, I threw in a 1300w Platinum PSU not just for expandability and overhead but for efficiency and reliability. Seasonic is one of the best in the industry when it comes to that and the last thing you need is an eight-hour render to fail or your whole system to waste hundreds of dollars a year in electricity.

An RTX 3090 is a no-brainer for those doing video editing, but the benefits of the Ti may not make up for the added price since there is no improvement in VRAM capacity. The non-Ti was also the only model we had in white when I built this list.

I gave you two SSDs, both Gen 4 NVMe to help accelerate live playback and renders. The 500GB would store your operating system and programs, while the 2TB could be used to cycle your current projects from long term storage. I was not sure if you wanted to include 3.5-inch HDDs as well for bulk storage or if you planned on investing in a NAS/Cloud solution. I omitted bulk for the time being, but the O11 has more than enough space to add them if you need to in the future.

And lasty, and probably the most controversial, an air cooler instead of an AIO. The issue with using non-custom liquid cooling for processors with such high thermal output is you will likely saturate the loop's total capacity resulting in thermal throttling, slower renders, and shorter lifespans for your hardware. The IceGiant ProSiphon commonly performs just as well as a liquid loop and allows you to utilize the entire capabilities of the system. This paired with 13 of Lian Li's highest CFM fans (9 for the case and 4 for the ProSiphon) should result in the best possible cooling.

If you need to go with the AIO for aesthetic reasons, any 360mm liquid cooler should suffice but the Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360mm would be a great alternative!

Let me know if you have any questions or any other ideas!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99