First Build Need Help Choosing Parts

Options

I’m trying to build a gaming/ streaming PC. I’m trying to keep the budget around 1800 - 2300 dollars. Need Some Advice 

Cpu: Ryzen 7 5700x 

Cpu Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RBG 68.9CFM

Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 

Memory: Consair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8GB TUF GAMING OC

Case: Consair 4000D ATX Mid Case

Power Supply: Evga G3 850 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

CaseFan : be quiet Silent Wings 50.5CFM 120 mm fan (1x)

Lian Li UNI SL 120 58.54 CFM 120 mm fans 3 pack

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Looks like a perfectly good selection to me.

• JeremyS
    Options

This is a pretty good selection, I do recommend an X570 motherboard to take full usage of the 5700x and to help you with future proofing. Also a corsair AIO tends to last longer, plus their software and warranty support is amazing.

Keep in mind you might need to upgrade your RAM in the future, depending on which games you are playing. 32GB is starting to become the new standard depending on which games you play and what quality.

Hope its turning out well! Good job!

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

Another important thing to consider is that Ryzen processors scale some of their performance with faster RAM so make sure the kit you get is at least 3200mhz but typically 3600mhz is not that much more expensive as well!

• Julia_V
    Julia_V ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    Options

This list is great as is! The only thing (completely optional, btw!) I might suggest is getting a 360mm AIO to mount in the front. The 4000D can fit the 280mm in the front, but i prefer to maximize the cooling if you are front mounting the AIO. This way you can overclock the CPU a bit more and let it run cooler. I also personally like the aesthetics better when there are 3 fans in the front of the case as well.

• w8deywins
    Options

Hey man, this is definitely a solid list, but I would definitely consider going with 32Gb of RAM for streaming! Something else I would look into for that Corsair case is the Airflow version. You will notice a big difference in airflow performance and efficiency. I think the 280 AIO is a great choice paired with 5700x, but I would double check to make sure the case will support a 280 AIO without interfering with the motherboard I/O shield. Best of luck! 😎

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99