Need Help Choosing Parts For My First Build(Gaming/Media Server)

Options
k777s
k777s
edited June 2022 in Help Choosing Parts

CPU: Intel i7-12700k

Motherboard: ASRock-Z690 WiFi 6E DDR4

Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 

Case: Cooler Master - HAF XB EVO ATX LAN Box Computer Case - Black

Power Supply: Lian Li - SP750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold SFX Fully Modular Power Supply

Graphic Card: Originally went with a RTX3070 but I am open to anything.

SSD: Samsung - 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe 3.0 x4

CPU Cooler: be quiet - DARK ROCK PRO 4 CPU Cooler

I am open to any recommendations. The goal is have the pc future proofed for the release of Starfield and let me play Modded Skyrim, Modded Fallout and Planet Coaster without having the system sounding like an airport. As for the media server part I picked the case because it has space for hard drives and I can move my media all to one central place and run a small windows plex server from the PC. Any help is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @k777s

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!

Looking at the list for your build, I was about to comment on your case being an odd pick and had to check some of the compatibilities. Then I read that you picked it for a media server as well and that case is great for it. The case also has enough room for the Dark Rock Pro 4 with a bit to spare as well. The build looks good, and I don't think you can go wrong with a 3070 or waiting for 4000 series GPUs to release.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Cooler Master's page for that case says it supports 240mm radiators so I suggest you consider a 240 AIO cooler for the CPU. That would be the quietest option, I think.

I am not familiar with those games but if a 3070 is enough, the EVGA 3 fan models like the XC3 or FTW3 would be the best choice. This will help it stay cool without running the fans as hard as a 2 fan model like the Founders Edition. EVGA makes a 3080 hybrid with a 240mm radiator but it is kinda pricey. That would be the quietest option without going full on custom loop liquid cooling.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99