Haven't built a machine in years. How does this look?

Options

Hi All,

I haven't built a machine in a long while and wanted some input into the parts list below. The PC builder says this will all work together. Is water cooling really necessary? Will all this fit in a mini tower case?

Thanks for the input.

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KS Alder Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor

Motherboard: ASUS Z690-F ROG Strix Gaming WiFi DDR5 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-5600 PC5-44800 CL36 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit CMK32GX5M2B5600

Case: Lian Li O11 Air Mini Tempered Glass ATX Mini Tower Computer Case

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GA 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming LHR Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

M.2 / NVMe SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB 3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

Optical Drive: ASUS 90DD0200-B20010 Internal Blu-Ray Writer (16x BD-R (SL), 12x BD-R (DL), 16x DVD+/-R), BDXL

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease - 1g

Water Cooling Kits: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2 240mm Water Cooling Kit

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings, What's your intended budget and intended use for your PC?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2022
    Options

Make sure you do get the "Air" version of that case and not accidentally pick up the glass version.

Cooler Master AIOs are kinda "meh". 2 year warranty. Consider a Corsair or NZXT both of which I think are 5 year. Water cooling is not required, but a 240 AIO is superior for that i9 CPU you've picked out and the small case.

Does that case really have a space for an internal CD drive?

• GardinersBay
    edited June 2022
    Options

The budget is around 3 grand and the machine is primarily for gaming with some streaming and light video editing. I was looking at the smaller case since there's not a lot of real estate on my desk for a monster machine. Thanks for the advice on the Air version of the case and the cooler.

Dropping the CD drive since I already have an external one.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Those mini-tower cases are squat and square, so if literally the footprint on the desk is important then a normal tower may be better.

Lian Li O11 Air Mini: 11 inches wide by 16 inches deep by 15 inches tall

Corsair 4000D Air: 9 inches wide by 17 inches deep by 18 inches tall

So is minimizing width or depth or height more important? I had a Corsair 280X which is similar to the 011 Mini because I thought smaller would fit better but in reality the thing was just too fat despite being short. I switched to a tower that's a lot taller but have more room on my desk now.

• GardinersBay
    Options

The constraint is width and depth. I'll recheck the available options. Thanks @magarity

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99