Powerspec 706 - Upgrading ram

Options

I am trying to upgrade my ram and I am having some difficulties. I have the Powerspec 706. It came with 16 GB's of 3200 mhz 16 CL memory. I purchased 16 GB's (2 sticks of 8 GB's) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 mhz 16 CL memory (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PW4QZP2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) but I keep getting blue screens and memory errors when I put them in A2 and B2. I did go into the BIOS and change the mhz to 3600 from 3200 but that is all I have done. The Powerspec 706 came with the AMD Ryzen 3700X processor and the ASRock X570 Pro 4 mother board. Is there something else I need to do? The first set of Corsair memory I sent back so this is the second one that is having the same problem.

Best Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings. I'd isolate the new RAM to make sure there isn't a stick or slot faulty. Try the new RAM by itself one stick at a time in your RAM slots and see if the issues continue.

• w8deywins
    w8deywins ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Jon,

The main thing about adding more memory to your PC is that you want to match the memory frequency speeds and CAS Latency timings as close as possible to have the most uniform experience. You can mix and match brands, but timings and frequencies is what needs to be the same across the board. As others have stated, try installing just the new memory kit and see if that fixes it. If it does, then purchase another Corsair memory kit so you will have 32gb's and all 4 slots populated. 🖥️

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2022
    Options

@Jonh

Are you running this RAM in addition to the factor RAM?

Also, don't just change the RAM frequency. Go under the OC Tweaker menu and enable XMP. That RAM is 16-19-19-36. If you're just changing the frequency to 3600, you're trying to run it at 15-15-15-35. There's almost zero chance of that being stable.

If you're trying to mix it with the factory RAM, that memory is 16-18-18-36. It's a little tighter on some of the primaries. We'd have to work to find a happy medium to stabilize it. Probably 3200 at 16-19-19-36. Basically, I'd install the Corsair only. Reset CMOS, load XMP. Let it train to the Corsair, lower the frequency to 3200. Then install the factory RAM. You got a good shot at the kits being stable together.

• JonN
    JonN ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Thank you, I just needed to clear the CMOS and load XMP and it worked great. Much appreciated. My apologies I should have been more clear. I plan to buy another set of the same Corsair ram later this year and will not be using the original ram in this system.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Glad to hear you got it working. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99