New RAM for Gaming Laptop

Options

Hey guys! I'm trying to get into streaming on a budget, and got my laptop from MC a couple years back, but I've found out the hard way that my HP Pavillion Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop isn't gonna cut it as it is now. The biggest issue is that it just barely tops out CPU for my stream settings with Chrome open, so I won't dare test it on any actual game yet. What would be a good amount of RAM to switch out to improve CPU usage? The budget is under 1k please. Thank you!

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. I'm a little unsure on what laptop you have, you list HP Pavilion but then state Inspiron 15 7000 which would be a Dell.

Regardless, adding more RAM would make minimal difference on improving stream performance. Streaming is going to heavily rely on your CPU or GPU depending on your rendering method.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

HP's gaming laptops are the Envy models and Dell's gaming laptops are sold under the Alienware line. Pavillion and Inspiron are their respective basic models for students and general personal use.

Crucial.com has a system scanner that can identify what memory your system uses and whether it can take more or faster. Microcenter carries Crucial memory, so after you scan it, go to your local Microcenter and discuss the options with the people in the BYOPC section.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99