ferrite beads, EMI chokes, etc.

edited July 2022 in All Other Parts

Anyone know if Microcenter (St. David's) carries "ferrite beads", also known as "EMI choke"? Used to reduce high frequency electromagnetics, I want to power a motor with AC and need to run the cable through one of these things to knock out spikes.


Henry (username Raymondvillain)


  • Aodhan_Gorman

    I took a look through our DIY department and our store's inventory, and I was unable to locate anything like an EMI choke/Ferrite bead. I found several products like chargers with an EMI choke already applied to a cable but not them being sold here independently. You could potentially cannibalize one from a charger but that may be expensive and damage the product beyond repair or returnability. I do think this is a good product to carry in the DIY space and will submit a ticket for our buyers to look into availability!

  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs


    Yes it does not appear we have these in general at Micro Center at this time.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase


If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99