No Bios display

Options

Asus ROG STRIX Z690 Z690-F Gaming WIFI mother board, Intel processor I9, 32GB Vengeance DDR5 (two 16 GB modules), power supply is 850 Watts. Drive is a Samsung 980 M2. Corsair case with a water cooler. PC building was simple and smooth with all components working without any problems. It took me while to learn the Bios since it was different from my last computer, but after that I loaded windows 11 from a USB drive without any issues. Computer worked fine for one day but after the I noticed at time a rushing noise coming from the speakers, but after a few seconds it will go away. Changing speakers did not make a difference so I turned computer off and I also turned the power switch in the power supply off. Next day after turning power on the red light on the motherboard will flash and will not boot up. Following instructions on the internet I remove memory sticks, cooler, processor and power supply cables to the motherboard. After inspecting everything, cleaning thermal compound from processor and reapplying fresh compound I reinstalled all components.

Motherboard goes thru the booting sequence and green light comes on. However, I cannot enter the Bios either by pressing the DEL or F2 key. Found in the Asus manual, website and internet that removing the CMOS will reset the Bios, I left the battery all night out, but so far, I get the same results. I am 3 hours away from the computer parts store in Atlanta (All parts are still under warranty) and before making the trip back to the store I would like to get advice/ recommendations from you on what I can possibly do. Thank in advance for the help.

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings, where is the green light at on your motherboard? Is it next to any indicator?

You can take a look at ASUS' guide for troubleshooting for motherboard posting problems: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042678/ It has a lot of helpful tips listed here.

• Upper right side of the motherboard there are four LED lights. These lights come on one at the time when computer boots up. Orange for memory, W for GPU and R for CPU. Grenn light indicates all is OK. This evening I installed a new out of the box Corsair 850-Watt power supply and got the same results. After installing my Gigabyte HD 7950 GPU I got a screen with the Republic Games Logo, but I still cannot get into the Bios. While getting the power supply I had the chance to talk to one of the technicians at the store and he had seen this problem and it was a lemon motherboard. Thank you for the information about Asus troubleshooting web site and will let you know what I find out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99