First time using the Creality Ender 5 Plus

Options
Rye_Bread
Rye_Bread ✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Some friends bought me a ticket to a convention last minute, so I only a few days to cobble together an outfit. I decided to go as a Rebel Fleet Trooper from Star Wars, since I had some pants and a vest that worked. I bought a few shirts and stitched them together to make a bib. I also used craft pleather to sew together a belt with a holster and cut a piece of metal in the shape of the buckle. All I needed was the blaster.

Going off of a recommendation from some of my coworkers, I bit the bullet and bought an Ender 5 Plus. I spent the following night building it and trying to figure out how to use it. Luckily I was able to find STL files for the blaster I needed and I was able to level the printer without too much headache (took a couple hours with some trial and error). After leveling, I got the print going. I quickly learned to babysit the printer and reduce the speed for the first few layers.

After hours and hours and hours of waiting for each piece to print, I was able to assemble it. Spray painting and JBWelding ended up being more of a mess than anticipated, but I think it turned out pretty good for the two days I had to finish it.

All in all, I'm happy with the Ender 5 Plus and will be using it to make more Star Wars-related items in the future. Assuming I don't break anything, I'll be sure to share my progress on future prints!

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99