Looking for best monitor for GPU, struggling with inconsistent reviews and supposed QC scares.

Options
I just recently built a new PC and am looking to upgrade one of my monitors as well. I run 2 1080p 144hz monitors at the moment, one vertical as a document reader and one as a main screen. I’m looking to replace my main monitor with a 1440p or 4k monitor with 100+ hz refresh rates. I’m struggling to decide what to get, budget really isn’t a problem but I’m concerned with making the right choice. I have an RTX 3070 EVGA FTW3 and an i7 11700k. Would it be worth it to migrate to 4k? Or would I be more at home with a high refresh rate high fps 1440p set up? Is there anyone who can recommend a monitor that will make the most out of my GPU without overloading it while also being great for viewing media/movies as well as optimizing both solo graphics heavy gaming with a bit of competitive gaming mixed in as well? I know this post is mostly rambling lol but I’m just a bit lost, all help is appreciated!

Answers

• gqrbqge
    gqrbqge ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Likes
    Options

Hey I would recommend a top of the line 4k monitor cause honestly with new graphics cards and how strong pcs are becoming id get the top stuff so you can still use it for another 3-4 years with no problems. Also when getting a moniter look for something with a warranty that's 1-2 years incase something dumb happens.

• lukenewman18
    Options
    @gqrbqge sounds good, do you think I’ll be able to run 4k smoothly with no issue with my current specs/do you have any recommendations? That’s really my only fear when it comes to upgrading.
  • gqrbqge
    gqrbqge ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Likes
    Options

@lukenewman18 one of my buddys has a 3060ti and he has a 4k monitor and he says he has no issues.

• Yingdong
    Yingdong ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

3070 would struggle with 4k gaming on AAA titles, however the competitive games like csgo/rocket league/dota should be doing pretty good. But 4k gaming monitors still sit on a high price tag, I would say that as for now the 1440p AAA gaming is the sweet spot, and it's much more affordable and less in gpu requirement

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99