Fairfax Virginia MicroCenter Receipt issue

Options

Hey Everyone! I'm sorry to be a new member and post out of nowhere but I can't find the answer to this question.

Every time I've been to this location they have CONSISTANTLY badgered myself and my boyfriend to "Sign up!" and "You can't get a receipt if you don't!" Wait, what?

That's correct. They mentioned they were "Doing away with paper receipts" so they would need a phone number or email address in order to get a receipt. Now, I get it this day and age it's all convenience and I understand that. But... admittedly, I don't think MicroCenter really NEEDS my phone number or cell number. I don't think they need my address or email for that matter. Also, I'm not one to miss out on the humor that I needed an email address for this site.

However, the bigger problem? It's illegal to do this according to Virginia laws (Unless I'm missing SOMETHING) I was reading the Code of Virginia and it has this "In a home solicitation sale, unless the buyer requests the seller to provide goods or services without delay in an emergency, the seller must present to the buyer a fully completed receipt if it is a cash or credit card sale or obtain the buyer's signature to a written agreement or offer to purchase, in the case of a credit sale, which designates as the date of the transaction the date on which the buyer actually makes payment in whole or in part or signs, and which contains a statement of the buyer's rights and a notice of cancellation which comply with subsection (2). The seller shall also furnish the buyer with a copy of any contract pertaining to a home solicitation sale at the time of its execution." (I would post the link, but I'm new. So, pop this into Google and you should see it § 59.1-21.4. Receipt or written agreement.)

Can we please have the Fairfax location give receipts WITHOUT needing to hand over my phone number or email account? Like... this isn't a hard request. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99