PC Optimization

desdby
desdby
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Help Choosing Parts

I have my PC sort of all planned out, I just need a tech guru to find anything you can optimize or (can) upgrade. My budget is around 1,000 dollars (nothing over 1.1k)* . If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=de0b8213-0660-4c87-9612-edca3adfbb8e

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

a 360 AIO is way overkill for a 5600 CPU. You can use a 240 which will fit nicely in the top of that case.

Also, did you consider a 6600 XT for graphics? They are supposed to be better than the 3050. Check out some youtube videos comparing the two.

• desdby
    desdby
    First Comment
    edited August 2022

Thanks for the information! Definitely will be changing that 360 to 240 (now I realize its a bit overkill for a 5600) which one do you think I should get (preferably from a well known brand like corsair or something? Also, what 6600 XT are you talking?

• desdby
    desdby
    First Comment
    edited August 2022

This is my parts list right now for your optimizations:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=185d0d9e-c132-47e8-a817-6c62e4b39768

Do you have any more suggestions for it?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

Yeah I gifted a H100 AIO to a friend for his 5600X and he thinks its great. After he had it a month or so I was over and we ran a CPU benchmark and he says hey "it went over 55C!" IDK if he just doesn't use it hard or the H100 just works so well with it but apparently that was the highest temp he had seen since installing it.

Will this be your first time buying anything at MC? They have a new customer special giving away a 256GB Inland SATA SSD. You'd still want that Samsung to boot up on but you can install games or whatever on the Inland: Free 256GB SSD | New Customer Exclusive | Micro Center

• Alright! Thank you for everything, I hope to (at least) make my system boot up! Yes. it is my first time buying anything from MC, I hope to use that deal.

Thank you for your suggestions! I hope the H100i AIO will work!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99