"Rubber-banding" issue in Valorant (currently only Valorant)

Options

Recently I have been facing an irritating issue where my ping in Valorant would spike to 100 ms from around 20-30 ms. I do not think it is memory loss, as memory loss occurs after I have my game opened for a rather long time. If anyone has any tips or helpful insight regarding my issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• Krxlcifer
    Options

Recently I have been facing an irritating issue where my ping in Valorant would spike to 100 ms from around 20-30 ms. I do not think it is memory loss, as memory loss occurs after I have my game opened for a rather long time. If anyone has any tips or helpful insight regarding my issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Krxlcifer

Seems the general advice for users who experience this is to cap your FPS in game.

• GoatForHire
    GoatForHire ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sounds like it could be an issue with your internet or the game's server. You can download some sort of software to track your ping while you use your computer and see if you have these spikes all the time. If it's happening all the time, change your Ethernet cable from router to PC, otherwise work with your ISP to help determine if there's a quality issue with their service to your equipment.

• Krxlcifer
    Options

I appreciate the advice.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99