How To 3D Print: Rotating Spice Rack

This discussion has a more recent version.
MicroCenterMaker
edited September 2022 in 3D Printers

This month’s print idea was submitted on our forum by Carogsnow, who asked us to print a rotating spice rack.   Thanks Carogsnow! Submit your 3D print ideas below. If we choose yours, you will win 5 free spools of Inland Filament.

We found the print file for the Spice Rack on Thingiverse.com, submitted by ILikon.

You can find the files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5083091/files

Our Setup:

Printer: Ender 3 V2

Filament Used: Inland Marble PLA, 1.75MM

• Nozzle Temp: 218°
  • Bed Temp: 60°

Infill: 15

Print Time: 6-11 hours

Software: Creality Slicer

The Print:

The entire print consists of only 3 pieces. We first printed a spice rack in Inland Light Blue PLA, and then printed a second rack in Inland Marble PLA.

The first print was printed at 10% Infill. The top of the rack where the spices are held was too weak and didn’t have enough support. 

Additionally, the spaces where the spices are supposed to fit were a bit too small, so I enlarged the second print by 13%.

I printed the second in Marble at 15% Infill and it looked great.

To put the spice rack together, you lay down the base.

After adding the weight of the spices, the rack doesn’t rotate as smoothly as when it is empty. So, I added a small washer in between the base and the spice holder.

Place the spice holder on top of the base with the washer.

Screw on the top piece to hold the rack together.

And there you have it!

Suggest Our Next Print of the Month and Win!

Got an idea for what we should print next? Let us know in the comments and be entered to win your choice of 5 spools of Inland filament!

Entries start today and run till 11:59 PM ET, September 12, 2022, and afterward, we'll be selecting one print to make for next month and awarding the suggester five Inland Filaments of their choice! See below for official rules.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99