Upgrading a desktop from 2013

Hello everyone,

I currently own a PowerSpec desktop PC that I purchased from MicroCenter back in 2013. It has sustained me very well over the years and I've been able to game on it extensively all these years. As with all things, overtime it has slowed down a bit due to constant use. Here are the specs below:

PowerSpec B359

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

RAM: 32GB

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 630

I mostly ONLY play The Sims 2 on it and I am scared to get a desktop PC with Windows 10 because it may not be compatible. I've heard of Sims 2 gamers being able to successfully launch the game and adjust the compatibility and I've heard for some users it just doesn't work AT ALL. My current desktop has Windows 7 as the operating system (because I purchased it at the time when Windows 7 was IN). That is the last known OS to successfully run the game with NO issues. Is it possible for me to completely rebuild my current desktop with the Windows 7 OS still installed? I will need to update everything I believe. New motherboard, power supply and make sure all the parts are compatible together and with the tower.

I also know that Windows 7 Support has been discontinued for a long time now so I just need some advice and clarity on how I could proceed. My budget is about $1K+ and I'm willing to increase that to $2K if needed. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99