Unable To Solve PC Stuck Issue While Resetting.

Options

Good day, gentlemen! This is my first time posting on this forum. And I'm blogging here because I have a need. I was hoping for better recommendations from you. However, for the past few days, I've had a problem with my computer. When I try to reset Windows 10, it gets stuck immediately. I tried to resolve the issue with my best efforts but failed to resolve it. Could you please give me some guidance on this? It would be quite helpful.

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings, does the computer boot up normally if you aren't trying to reset it? How are you trying to reset the PC?

• Thanks for replying. You are right, the system boots normally, but the main reason for resetting is that during working on the computer some errors and bugs are appearing.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Brianblalock

When you say it gets stuck. Do you mean it freezes, hangs or gives you an error like "Error resetting PC"?

• allenwhite
    allenwhite ✭✭
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2022
    Options

When you say that windows 10 is getting stuck during a reset - if the type of reset you are referring to is the Windows 10 Reset when choosing the 'Recover' option then the following post may help, which I snagged off of the Microsoft answer forums; As I am a new member, I can't yet post links so I did a copy and paste of the post made by a MVP in the answer forum, and got around not being able to post the links by crafting specific google search terms that will always allow you to choose the first or top result to get to the desired page -

Usually when the Reset fails it means Windows is too corrupted. You may need to create bootable media to do a Reset or gold standard Clean install. The bootable media has it's own drivers, repair and installation files which often work when Windows or the other Repair Mode doesn't.

To create Windows 10 Installation Media on another PC install Media Creation Tool and follow the directions found on Microsoft's website - it's the first result from a google search of "Create Windows 10 installation media"

When you download and run the Media creation tool, Uncheck the box for Recommended Settings to choose the exact version and bit type (32-bit or 64-bit) for the target PC only.

Insert media, boot it by powering up PC while pressing the BIOS Boot Menu Key

If the media won't boot you may need to enter BIOS/UEFI Setup to turn off Fast Boot or Fast Startup first.

Choose the boot device as a UEFI device if offered, on second screen choose Repair Your Computer, then Troubleshoot Options to Reset.

If that fails choose Install Now, then Custom Install, then at the drive selection screen delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, click Next to let it create needed partitions and start install - this makes it foolproof.

Everything needed to get the best possible Clean Install can be found in another post in the Microsoft answers forum - you can get to it via typing the following in Google search

site: answers.microsoft.com "Clean Install Windows 10"

then click on the first result that comes up.

It is a better install than any amount of money can buy and a great learning experience that will make you the master of your PC because you will learn what works best and how to apply it with your own hands.

If you have files that aren't backed up you can use the same bootable media to try to rescue your files using these methods that is posted in the answer forums as well, again since I can't post a link, you can get to it via Google search using the following search term

site: answers.microsoft.com "Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start"

then, just like the previous searches, the top result will be the one you'll click on

I hope this helps! 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99