XMP Profile Not Saving - Stuck at 2133 MHz

Options
MB: MSI B450m Bazooka Max WiFi
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400g
Memory: Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

I helped my son build his first PC a couple of years ago and he recently wanted to upgrade his RAM. I bought 2 additional sticks of the same DDR4 3200 memory that we had in there to bring it to a total of 32GB.

However, we were only getting 2133 MHz of performance. In BIOS I turned on the XMP profile and Game Boost. I also adjusted DRAM to 3200. However every time we go back into BIOS it shows 2133 of performance again instead of the 3200 even though the settings are still what we changed them to. From what I can tell our RAM is compatible with the motherboard.

Can’t figure out how to get the 3200 performance that we should. Any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@JW_77

Try to set it in the advanced mode. F7, OC menu. Set the XMP enabled there then save and exit. If it can't training to 3200 it'll usually recover after a minute and give you a warning about a failed OC setting. If you set it to load XMP, it should load the XMP or fail. It's not like JEDEC where it has a list to work down until something works, you'll just get an overclock failure.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Sometimes instead of just auto xmp you just have to manually select the speed.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99