Powerspec G902 Sound stuttering

Options

Need a little help here, I think I know what's going on, but I'm not positive....

I purchased this computer in April at the Houston store, hooked it up and everything was fine. However, just a week after I had it and had loaded some of my games on it, the sound started stuttering through the speakers. Through the headphones, no problem, everything is fine, but through the speakers, the stutter is BAD.

I should add that my Logitech 5.1 surround speakers are hooked up via the 3.5mm ports on the back of the computer as my monitor does not have sound. I do not have any way to test and hear if the sound coming off the GPU via the HDMI has a problem or not.

After running various tests, it would appear that the GPU may be causing latency with the onboard sound. Why it doesn't affect the headphones is a head scratcher for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers many times. Each time, the speakers work fine for a few minutes and then it starts all over again. I've tried approaching Microsoft about this, since I suspected a Windows problem, but I might as well have asked a brick wall if the sky is blue.

I can't be the only one who has encountered this issue, but I didn't find it in the forums on this site.

TIA,

Jim K.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99