Does the Ryzen 5600 have "integrated graphics"?

Options

I'm trying to get a cheap build with 64 GB of memory for software development.  I will put Linux on it. My current price is $684, which is pretty good. 

I selected the AMD Ryzen 5600 Vermeer 3.5 GHz with the ASRock B550M-C AMD AM4 microATX motherboard. The motherboard said that it requires a CPU with integrated graphics.  Does the Ryzen qualify?  Since the motherboard is for the Ryzen, I assume so. I wanted to avoid getting a video card, since I am not going to play games on it.

Do I need a fan? The Ryzen comes with a "Wraith Stealth Cooler", but is it enough? Other than memory and a SSD, I wasn't going to put anything in the system, so it shouldn't run hot.

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. The Ryzen 5 5600 and the Ryzen 5 5600X don't have integrated graphics.

The stock cooler is alright, however if you're going to be taxing the CPU quite often, you may want to look into a more upgraded/higher end air cooler.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2022
    Options

For the Ryzens, the ones with 'G' at the end have integrated graphics. With 'X', or nothing, do not have.

There is a 5600G

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

The new AMD Ryzen 7000 processors all have integrated graphics now as well just in case you are looking at potentially more performance or a longer-term upgrade path on a DDR5 platform! Otherwise, the G models from AMD's Ryzen 5000 will be the best choice!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99