Complaint about service

Options

I reserved a GeForce RTX 3090 Ti at the Denver store on October 1st. Last night (the 3rd) I drove 30 minutes in the rain to pick it up. I gave the person behind the pickup counter my name and he went to the back, brought out a video card, and told me the total would be $1,234.98. I handed him my credit card, then looked down at what he had given me, and realized it was actually a 3070 Ti, a $700 video card. When I told him he was trying to give me the wrong card he confirmed that I had reserved a 3090 Ti and then went to "go grab one." After a short while he then returned and told me you were all out.

I can't help but wonder what happened to the card I reserved three days before, and why the person behind the counter tried to sell me a $500 cheaper card at the same price. The salesperson told me that they must have been out of 3090 Ti cards when I reserved it (which I doubt, since the website said you had four, and right after I reserved it and even the next day it said you had three), and that someone must have grabbed "the next best thing," which sounds ludicrous but if true would be a fraudulent, "bait and switch" business practice. As my past experiences lead me to doubt you would engage in such practices, the only thing I can think of that may actually have happened is that someone took my card for themselves or for a friend and left me out to dry.

Regardless of how it happened, you told me you had something I reserved and caused me to waste over an hour of my time driving in inclement weather to pick it up, offering me nothing but a shrug and a "too bad" in return. I have been shopping at Micro Center for longer than I can remember and I have always been happy to support a local store that has always done right by me in the past. Also in the past your employees have always extremely friendly and very helpful. An experience like this though leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and makes me consider online retailers for future purchases.

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Hello, I am sorry to hear of the experience. It would be best for the proper store team to look into this directly and see what happened here. I will send you an email so we can collect the transaction/reservation numbers for this.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99