Where can I find an updated driver for Mslo64.sys?

Options
Jim_Maryland
edited July 2023 in PowerSpec

Hi, new Microcenter customer here so hopefully asking in the right place.

I have Windows 11 running on a G901 desktop system. Turned on Windows Memory Integrity, and get a Program Compatibility Assistant popup (actually 7 of them) stating "A driver cannot load on this device". The driver is listed as "Mslo64.sys". The warning says "A security setting is detecting this as a vulnerable driver and blocking it from loading. You'll need to adjust your system settings to load this driver".

The driver appears to be related to the system lighting, and in my system it looks to be part of the GALAX GAMER RGB application I'm at version 1.00.02.

Visiting the Galaxy Microsystems Ltd (galax.com) site, do see GALAX Aurora Sync as a possible candidate, but as it isn't bundled as GALAX GAMER RGB, didn't want to try that yet.

I did try the PowerSpec Driver Search, but no results back for G901.

While this driver doesn't seem critical to system function/stability, would like to know if an update is currently available (and a link). If no current update, are we expecting a driver to be released soon?

Jim

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the prompt response. Will check those out. The powerspec.com site is flagging for non-secure (http vs. https), so will likely go the asus.com route.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Jim_Maryland

As I mentioned you can also remove the faulty component. Check your add/remove programs. For that driver, it's most likely the Patriot Viper RGB software installed with the AURA installation. This can be uninstalled individually and will not effect the functionality of AURA. The version I linked has this component removed.

Armoury crate is also an fine to use. Keep in mind Armoury Crate offers driver and BIOS updates for the ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS WIFI. I wouldn't recommend updating the BIOS unless you're addressing a specific known issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99