Will these parts work? (super new like i only learned what a ssd is today)

im getting a job soon and i wanna upgrade my prebuilt i bought last year, its ok but i need more storage(a LOT more) and graphics card. Im not sure what kind of specs my pc has rn but this is the one i bought: Gaming RDY EMRRR207 from ibuypower. and nothing in it has been changed since ive gotten it.

And if its helps to find better parts these are the games i want to play with my pc(Persona 5, Slime rancher, HSH, Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba, final fantasy VII, Genshin Impact, Sims 4, and OW2)

Anyway,i have a few choices thats in sorta my price range and i wanna ask the pc pros if they can help me with parts, please and thank you :)

These are the ones that i think may work: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING Video Card, 06G-P4-2068-KR, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fans, Metal Backplate, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X Overclocked Dual-Fan 12GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card, AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT Red Devil Overclocked Dual Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

and for the Storage google said i could have both an ssd and a hard drive(Really just want a lot of storage since the games i play need a lot) so I choose one of both, i dont really know what an ssd does though

Prime 250GB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive, BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal SMR Hard Drive

i dont really know if i need more than that but im not trying to build a whole new pc I just want better parts, my price range for the graphics cards is no more than in the 400$ price range(ik super small but i have a tight budget😓) and for the ssd and hard drives im really not looking to spend more than 50-100$ unless that ssd or hard drive is REALLY worth it. If someone could help me i would be very grateful because i know nothing about pcs i just wanna game :)

Best Answer

Answers

• Katmet
    Katmet
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2022

tysm! I didnt get a sata data cable but they dont seem to be a lot so i can for sure get one. I will 100% get the red devil(being honest i really wanted it already cause of how cool the name sounded lol) but seeing them side by side, and also comparing to what my games require it seems well worth it. Just one last thing, fo u think it will fit? I saw on some reviews that people couldnt fit their graphics card into their pc so im just wondering if u think ill have the same issue?and if i can buy two of the solid state drives or would 1 be enough(my games need so much storage:c) again tyty

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2022

The measurements of the red devil 6650 xt are on microcenter's page in the specs section so all you need is a ruler and remove the cover of your case to look inside:

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Height

5.94 in. (150.80 mm)

Video Card Length

10.38 in. (263.60 mm)

I don't know if you realized this detail but the 6650xt will require a supplemental PCIe power from your power supply. There should be a spare cable labelled PCIe.

SSD, like everything else in computer parts, get less expensive or the same price for more capacity over time. If you need one now, get one. When you need another one next year, get another one. Also remember Black Friday specials are coming up soon but not yet. If you are going to ask if I think the video card or SSD will be on extra special then, I have no idea. But since your budget seems tight, you might consider hanging in there for another month before buying to see what the deals are. The 6650xt cards are all very similar so while the red devil has a cool name, get whichever one is the best bargain is my opinion. And speaking of budget you should be able to recover about $120 or so by selling the 6500.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99