Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake Processor Overview - Now at Micro Center!

This discussion has a more recent version.

Written by Sean Mekinda

Intel's next leap in desktop processors is here! Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake brings with it the fastest chip Intel has ever built, based on their performance hybrid architecture and designed for modern gaming. 13th Gen arrives with 3/6TK new processors, the Intel Core i5-13600K, the Intel Core i7-13700K, and the Intel Core i9-13900K. All models continue to support PCIe 5.0, DDR5, and WiFi6, with the biggest change coming in speed - Raptor Lake works off the improved Intel 7 process for "up to 15% better single-threaded performance and 41% better multi-threaded performance." And if you're looking to upgrade, it might not even require a full computer overhaul to upgrade, as Raptor Lake continues to use the LGA 1700 chipset and even continues to support DDR4!

What's New With 13th Gen Raptor Lake?

The biggest changes coming to Intel's 13th Gen Raptor Lake processors are power and efficiency. The Core i9-13900K is positioned to provide "the world's best gaming experience" thanks to its 24-core (8 P-core, 16 E-core), 32-thread design and clock speeds of up to 5.8Ghz. These come together to prove 15% better single-thread performance, pushing gaming, streaming, and creating to newer, faster heights. The addition of even more E-cores across the 13th Gen lineup bolsters multi-threaded speeds by up to 41%, so creatives can get through their projects with even more speed.

An Overhauled Overclocking Experience

With 13th Gen comes a new, streamlined overclocking experience, designed for anyone and everyone who wants to experiment with overclocking their processors! Whether it's your first time overclocking or you've been doing it for as long as you can remember, the Intel Speed Optimizer can get your processor overclocked with a single click. If you're looking for a more granular overclocking experience, Intel's Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 3.0 has a massive selection of overclocking modules. Intel's Dynamic Memory Boost, designed for both DDR4 and DDR5, is the final lynchpin, built for quick and easy memory overclocking!

Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake Specs at a Glance

Intel 13th Gen Core i9-13900K

• Cores: 24 (8P+16E)
  • Threads: 32
  • Base Clock: 3.0Ghz Performance, 2.2Ghz Efficient
  • Max Turbo Frequency: up to 5.8GHz (5.4Ghz Performance, 4.3 Efficient)
  • L2 Cache: 32MB
  • Intel Smart Cache (L3 Cache): 36MB
  • Socket: LGA1700
  • Max Memory Speed: DDR5-5600, DDR4-3200
  • Unlocked for Overclocking

Intel 13th Gen Core i7-13700K

• Cores: 16 (8P+8E)
  • Threads: 24
  • Base Clock: 3.4Ghz Performance, 2.5Ghz Efficient
  • Max Turbo Frequency: up to 5.4GHz (5.3Ghz Performance, 4.2 Efficient)
  • L2 Cache: 24MB
  • Intel Smart Cache (L3 Cache): 30MB

Intel 13th Gen Core i5-13600K

• Cores: 14 (6P+16E)
  • Threads: 20
  • Base Clock: 3.5Ghz Performance, 2.6Ghz Efficient
  • Max Turbo Frequency: up to 5.1GHz (5.1Ghz Performance, 3.9 Efficient)
  • L2 Cache: 20MB
  • Intel Smart Cache (L3 Cache): 24MB

Intel's 13th Gen Processors are available now at Micro Center! Be sure to check out our Intel 13th Gen Benchmarks to see just how fast the Core i9-13900K is! And don't skip our Intel 13th Gen Build Guide for some ideas for your next build!

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99