A Challenger to the CPU Throne - Intel Core i9-13900K Benchmarks

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Written by Sean Mekinda

Intel's 13th Gen Raptor Lake processors are here (not sure what's new? Check out our overview!) and we got a chance to try out the Core i9-13900k. Unsurprisingly, Intel has delivered another blisteringly fast, top-of-the-line processor. So, we put it to the test. Here are our benchmarks:

Our System:

Benchmarks:

Cinebench R23:

Cinebench tests processors for responsiveness and power in both intensive tasks (multi-core) and general daily usage tasks (single-core). While the graph below does compare a Core i7 to a Core i9 (a bit unfair), that is more for demonstration purposes. Our testing showed that the i9-13900K is topping Cinebench's scoreboard, beating even Intel's own Xeon W-3265M CPU, a processor designed for high-end workstations!

We've included our Intel 12th Gen Core i7-12700K benchmarks for comparison.

3DMark CPU Profile v1.0:

3DMark's CPU Profile tests single- and multi-thread performance at a variety of thread counts. Here, the i9-13900K puts on a very strong showing, absolutely sitting high up in the rankings and proving that this is a processor that will push games to their limits.

PassMark v10.2:

PassMark's CPU Mark test puts the processor through a number of different tests, including maths, physics, and compressions tests. With a score of 56,184.6, the Core i9-13900K sits in the 99th percentile of all CPUs, definitively showing that it is a processor to be reckoned with.

Intel's 13th Gen Processors are available now at Micro Center! Be sure to check out our Intel 13th Gen Overview for all the new specs and our Intel 13th Gen Build Guide for some ideas for your next build!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99