Inland M2 SSD not recognized by PRIME B360-PLUS bios.

Options

I recently picked up a Inland performance 3d nand NVMe SSD to replace a failed ssd. The drive shows up fine on a dell OptiPlex bios. The only place I can see this SSD in the asus bios is in the intel rapid storage technology menu. I can see the specs of the drive but have no options. I've tested other M2 SSDs in the asus board and they show up normally. I assume there is a settings change needed. any help is appreciated.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@B16dissorder

Sounds like both systems had the storage controller set to RAID. New board is seeing this drive as a RAID volume. Usually you just need to import it. Does the drive show up in Disk Management?

• I was in the process of installing win 10 on a spare drive to check disk manager when i posted this. It does show up in windows and i was able to get windows installed on the new drive. Tho i dont understand why i can load windows from a drive that doesnt show as bootable in the bios. 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@B16dissorder

I'd have to look at what's on the drive. Could be it's legacy boot and your new board is set UEFI. Check the properties on the disk in Disk Management. Check if the partition style is MBR or GPT. It may provide some clarity on what's going on. If it is MBR and you're trying to boot to it, you'll need to enable CSM in the BIOS.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99