Is Corsair RM1000x PSU compatible with RM750 cabling

Options

Hi there,

I am in the process of updating my Asus Strix 3070TI to a new Founders edition 3090 TI. My current power supply is a Corsair RM750 that i bought in 2021, and i just picked up a Corsair RM1000x (due to upgrading from a 3070TI to a 3090TI)

My question is this: Is my new Corsair RM1000x PSU compatible with RM750 (yellow box if that means anything) cabling (that's already installed and cable managed in my build)??

I would hate to have to snip all of the zip ties if I do not have to. the good thing is that the Asus Strix took three 8pin connectors, and thats what i need to plug into the 3090ti founders edition adapter (the 3 to 1 that comes with it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@k2mike3344

I would refer you to this article: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

I would check with Corsair if the chart is unclear. With the RM series, it seems they changed the 24 modular connector on the PSU in 2019.

• k2mike3344
    Options

Mt question is this. I bought my power supply in 2021 from microcenter. I cant seem to find the box anymore. would microcenter actually carry a PSU from 2019? I would think that inventory would have turned over by then, but i dont really know. I just sent Corsair a note as well. I guess I can take the PSU out of the build and look for a serial number as well to tell.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@k2mike3344

That's really more of a question of if Corsair was shipping older inventory in that era. I think the older units had the "RM" part of the PSU colored yellow, with 750 in white, and the newer units the label lettering is all white. Best advice here is to grab the part number off the power supply and shoot Corsair an email. They'll be able to answer definitively.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99