New Build

Options

Greetings all,

It has been about 6 years since I built my last box. I am a content creator using Photoshop & Lightroom with various other programs. I am a power user. It is not uncommon for me to have both PS & LR open and be working with many layers in PS with 3+ gig flies. I have put together this list for a new build. I plan to keep it for the next 5 years. So it might look overkill at the moment but might not be in a few years. I need to know if all of the parts I put together here will play nice with each other. Any help or guidance would be most appreciated. 

1 - Core i7-13700K Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included $399.99

1 - Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler; Silencio FP120 Fan; Anodized Gunmetal Black; Brushed Nickel Fins; 4 Copper Direct Contact Heat Pipes $54.99

1 - Z790-A Prime WiFi Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard $309.99

2 - for a total of 128GB Ripjaws S5 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR5-5600 PC5-44800 CL30 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F5-5600J3036D32GX2-RS5K - Black $389.99

1 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2x Overclocked Dual-Fan 12GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card $379.99

1 - Performance Plus 4TB 3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD $399.99

1 - Performance Plus 1TB 3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD $94.99

1 - RMx Series RM850x 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply $149.99

1 - 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

$124.99

Todays cases have me a little frustrated. I would really like a case with two external 5.25 bays but I can find them at Micro Center.

Best Answer

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is a non K version that will not run as hot and save a few $$. The K is Intel's model numbers for unlocked overclocking CPUs. If you are not overclocking, get the one without K. It would still need a better cooler than a 212.
    The 4000D case will come with a mere 2 fans. A couple more allows them to spin slower and thus more quietly if that's at all important.

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Did you mean to get such mismatched SSD: A 1TB and a 4TB?

The i7-13700K draws over 250W at full boost speed. While the 212 cooler is a time tested design, that's just too much for it. The Corsair 4000D fits a 240 AIO nicely in the top or a 360 in the front. Otherwise look for a dual tower air cooler like this kind of thing: be quiet DARK ROCK PRO 4 CPU Cooler - Micro Center

• SFA
    Options

Thanks for taking the time Magarity. The 1TB is for OS & software. I could probably get by with 500GB but storage seems really cheap right now. The 4TB is for my working files. Is that what you meant by mismatched? I have a of pictures, LOL... I choose the Inland for the speed & cost. Thanks for pointing out the cooler. I stayed conservative here mostly because I never really push the CPU for very long periods of time. It would be rare for me to push it more than 60 seconds. I do not play any games. This box is just for editing images, sometimes large at that. I will look at the Dark Rock Pro still the same, thanks. Anything else come to mind?

• SFA
    Options

Thanks for the info. I will stick with the "K" version and upgrade my fan choice. Thanks for the help!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99