Upgrade Graphics card

Options

Good afternoon all. My first post here I bought a used HP Elitedesk 800 G5 SFF i7-9700 16 GB RAM. This pc is to stream on Twitch for my DJ internet radio show, record music (Audacity), & some photo processing. (Adobe Lightroom or Capture One) No gaming. What graphics cards can you recommend I update to without having to change the PSU which is 250 watts? Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The 250W power supply really limits you to a gtx1630. You should ask on forums dedicated to that software you want to use if a 1630 is worth it over the integrated graphics. It may not be worth it. HP sells an upgraded power supply for those desktops so you might check into that to widen your graphics options.
  • Yingdong
    Options

As magarity said above, you would be limited to low power consuming gpus like gtx1630/750ti/1050. Also you would need to look at only low profile video cards as the mini desk simply don't have enough height to put in a regular gpu. Also your desktop would become terribly hot as there are basically no venting in this mini desktop.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99