Powerspec G167 Ryzen 5 Desktop and Windows 11

Options

I recently picked up a discounted G167 from Microcenter to use as a platform for some minor upgrades etc. Out of the box, great PC with Windows 10. I decided to take the Windows 11 plunge and rolled the dice to see if the TPM microcode issue that plagued older firmware ( 1.3 installed) was an issue and it seems it may be. Its annoying I can't upgrade this firmware via Powerspec/Microcenter. The PC definitely has these stall states that occur fairly regularly to the point where its a hindrance. Wondering if anyone has gone to ASRock, etc to overwrite Powerspec firmware and if they were successful or if that is something Powerspec would do on a case by case basis or via their support/service? I don't intend to do so if its possible I'll brick the computer. The ASRock site itself isn't extremely helpful other than showing the succession of firmwares after 1.3 where they likely updated the microcode to take care of this AMD issue. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options

Windows 11 has been having known large slow down issues with Ryzen processors, including the new 7000 series. It may be a product of that relationship. I'm staying on Windows 10 for now myself because of these problems.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2022
    Options

@JTL_2023

You can flash an ASRock BIOS into the board, we don't in anyway block it. There is always a small risk with flashing a board, unless you lose power or intentionally shut off the system failures are rare. Could you describe when you're seeing the stutters and what you're doing when this occurs? I'll try to recreate it. The issue was supposed to be resolved in AGESA 1.2.0.7. This would be BIOS 1.50 or above on the ASRock B550M-C.

Service can update the BIOS for you. Is the system still under the manufacturer warranty?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99