RGB not working on my PowerSpec G439

Options

My pre-built PowerSpec G439 came with a fan in the back, two in the front, two in the top of the case, an RGB LED on the graphics card, and a Cooler Master cooler with an LED logo on the CPU. The two fans in the front, the graphics card RGB and the fan in the back do light up but the Cooler Master logo on the cooler and the Cooler Master fans in the top of the case do not light up at all. The Mystic Light program that came pre-installed on the computer has zero effect on anything including the fans that do actually light up. Changing anything in Mystic Light and hitting Apply does nothing at all. Installing the most recent version of Mystic Light (part of the MSI Center software suite) did not help this issue. The G439 I bought from Micro Center came with a GeForce RTX 3070 TI card and uses an MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4(MS-7D25) motherboard.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Jersey77

We apologize for the trouble with your PowerSpec PC. We can help you address this, but they're going to be two separate issues.

Case fans:

Open Mystic Light and set a steady color. Press the "M" button on top of the chassis until the case fans match the steady color previously set. Now test the software and the case fans should respond.

AIO Cooler:

These are going to be a bit different, it sounds like a loose connector for RGB cable. I'm attaching a picture of where the cable is located on the board. Please if you're comfortable verify it's connected properly. Header is labeled JRGB1.

• Jersey77
    Options

Thank you! Got the software running just like you said to. My brother bought the same computer from you guys recently and what was weird was his software worked right away but I did what you suggested and it's working now.

The cooler and top fans connector was indeed loose like you thought it might be. Reconnected it and everything is working now. Thanks again.

• robo66
    Options

I am having the same problem with fan lights. Front and rear fan lights are on but I can't change the colors or effects. The top fan lights are not on at all. I tried selecting a steady color and pressing the "M" button but the fan lights do not change. The Cooler Master is the only light that responds. Appreciate your help. Rob

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@robo66

The front and rear fans are separate from the AIO and top fans. Is the AIO pump lit?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99