First time creating a custom PC. Are all of the parts compatible?

Options
MatthewT24
edited November 2022 in Help Choosing Parts

Hey everyone! This is my first time building a PC, and I tried creating one through a PC builder. I barely had any idea what or how to choose the parts, but here are the components I chose for my PC:

• AMD - Ryzen 5 5600X Vermeer 3.7GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Wraith Stealth Cooler Included
  • ASUS - B550-F ROG Strix Gaming AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard
  • TeamGroup - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit TLZGD432G3200H - Gray
  • Lian Li - Lancool 205 Mesh Type C Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black
  • PowerSpec - 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply Active PFC SLI Crossfire Ready Gaming PC Computer Switching PSU
  • PowerColor - Red Devil AXRX Radeon RX 580 Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR5 PCIe Graphics Card
  • Samsung - 870 EVO 1TB SSD 3-bit MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

I'm trying to budget this so that it's less than $1,000. I want to use this for school, running games like ROBLOX and possibly Valorant, and possibly big coding projects that I could create. Do all of the parts look like they can all work together? If not, I will be glad to take any advice that you guys could have!

P.S. I would also like to ask where you guys would recommend purchasing an OS for the PC. Am I able to purchase a Windows 11 key even though my GPU above only works up to Windows 10?

Best Answer

• Yingdong
    Yingdong ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

1) Since AM4 is effectively a dead socket, you can go 5600 instead of 5600x and cut down the cost on motherboard, there would be no performance difference. 5600 performs similar with 5600x and b450 tuf plus ii is essentially a skin of the b550 tuf gaming plus and is able to handle all the way up to a 5900x.

2) Be a little bit generous to yourself on gpu. RX580 is a 7 years old gpu, you should get yourself something newer and better. Like a $230 Powercolor fight 6600xt, or even better with a $399 6700xt.

3) I don't see the point of choosing a Sata III ssd instead of m.2 nvme. M.2 nvme drives are faster while the cost are merely the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a suggestion build I put up for you:

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99