I don’t understand this part at all

Options
So Im thinking of building a pc to play fortnite and a few other games, I go to the micro center and they say I need at least $500 worth of specific parts to run it properly so I almost buy it then I decide to check best buy. The guy at best buy says I can play it on any device even a cheap $50 tablet if I run it through the xbox cloud… so do I need a fancy built pc or will I be able to play any game on the xbox cloud fast without needed a proper pc setup? It just confused me a lot how that works

Comments

• Yingdong
    Options

xbox cloud is be a service included in xbox pass ultimate, a paid subscription with monthly fee of $15, while you will need to have a really high speed network to have a good enough experience(or you would be lagging as hell). I personably would choose to build a pc and own my games, but well, it's your choice.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited November 2022
    Options

Some people really, really hate that game and it sounds like the BB salesperson is one of them. I really doubt anyone is playing on a tablet for more than a minute just to say that they had done so as a technology experiment. Seriously, what do you think the game experience would really be like, poking at a small touch screen? This comes down to professionalism. The BB guy dislikes your game enough that his response is that it isn't worth playing except as a joke, while the MC person has impartially recommended quite frankly a reasonably priced PC for Fortnite at $500. There is a third type of sales rep, who would have told you it takes a $1000 PC. It's kind of 50-50 that BB would have that kind.

BB did mention that tablet plan would be $180 per year with no PC to show for it at the end, just a whatever tablet?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99