Some questions.

Options

I've got all the basics chosen for a tower build, but I've got some questions.

Does choosing a water cooling kit negate the need for a heatsink? I've never had a computer with a fancy cooling system before, so I'm a bit clueless on all that.

If I'm going for function over aesthetics: Do I need to choose case fans in the Accessories, or do all cases already come with fans? And what about cables and adaptors in Accessories, do I need to choose any of those?

Thanks.

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings, if you get a water cooler for your processor, then no, you don't need an air heatsink.

Cases do come with some fans, some more than others so for some cases it might be quite unnecessary to add any more fans. Did you have a specific case in mind?

• Thanks for the reply, Ian. I've chosen the "PC-O11 Dynamic Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case." The description mentions its fan bays, but doesn't say it comes with fans. I see on the manufacturer's website photos of it without fans, and a video of the case sporting three. I guess that's where the fans of the liquid cooling system would go, yes?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@GushingDizzy

It doesn't include any fans, so you'll want to add some. The Arctic Cooling P12/P14 are great and they're cheap. The goal is to create slightly positive pressure in the system. You want slightly more in than out. As an example if you add a 240MM radiator with 2x120MM, that's going to be setup as an exhaust, add 2x140 as an intake and you'll have an ideal cooling solution. I'd do your radiator in the top, intake air from the bottom. Chassis has a mesh air filter on the bottom.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99