New Hard Drive, Reinstalling Windows and Drivers - Problems

I have a Power Spec G350 that is about 5 years old. I only use it for stock trading and Plane.

It recently started acting strangely and wouldn't boot up. Would start into a mode that would ask if I wanted to repair or reinstall windows. No options would work. Took the computer to the mother ship (MC) and they suggested a new hard drive and total reinstallation of everything.

Being the cheap guy that I am, I decided to attempt this myself. I am somewhat capable mechanically and have a basic understanding of the process. My experience though is that something as routine as this usually becomes complex very quickly.

I bought a 1TB Samsung drive and installed it. I reset the BIOS to boot off of the CD/DVD drive and used my Windows 10 disc to start the install. It went fairly well. Windows installed. Had to manually install the wifi internet driver and then updated windows. The problem I ran into was when I started working on the Nvidia graphics card (GTX 1080) drivers. It appears that the card drivers are installed and recognized, but I get an error message when I try to update. Additionally, after I downloaded Xplane 12 and tried to install it, I get an error message that stops the installation "No Vulkan 1.1 capable instance found." I have tried to google and install a driver for this but it leads me to a page on Nvidia with choices that don't make sense. I have tried to navigate these, but the 2 attempts have failed.

Any help would be appreciated. It wouldn't surprise me if I am missing something else too if anyone has any input.

Thanks.

Eric

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99