Why can't I speak to the local builder?

Options

Funny thing. All day long I get ads from PC builders trying to entice me to buy something. Now that I want to build something, I can't find a phone number to the local Micro Center builder. I went to the online PC builder and added the parts. It got confusing from there. It asked if I wanted "Same day assembly". I clicked "no" thinking it might be a little less expensive NOT to have a same day build. Perhaps another option is available? Now the website thinks I want pick up the parts and build it myself. It will not let me cancel the order.....only add to it. I cannot find an email, phone number, and the chat option is useless. Whatever. Micro Center, you have a potential customer that want's to throw cash at you. I'm not spending over 2000 on a pc before talking to someone. You know what to do....unless you hate making money. Also, I'm not picking up the parts on order. I want it built. Thanks.

Answers

• swsdc
    Options

Because you are interested in Microcenter building the PC for you, I highly recommend checking this page out for information on pricing and what is included in each package:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-custom-pc-build-services.aspx

As for contacting Microcenter, that gets a little more tricky. They used to list a phone number per store, and I still have the phone number for my store (Brentwood MO):

314-252-3961

You could try calling that store, and see if they'd transfer you to your store, or give you a different phone number. I find it somewhat unfortunate that they removed their phone numbers from their website, but once you get in contact with a representative, you'll find that their customer service is pretty good. (It's probably just corporate causing problems like normal.)

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Microcenter. I hope I've helped you get in contact with someone who can help you figure out what you are looking for.

• Jasone
    Jasone
    First Comment
    edited November 2022
    Options

Wow. I decided to order a 3000.00 build and customer service (via online chat) still would not let me speak with the builder at Micro Center. I'm going somewhere else. I will try to post the end part of the chat with Kyle H. I don't know who runs this company, but all I needed was a 5 minute conversation. I've never experienced such non-business like behavior from such a large company. I had already run my credit card. They just wanted to slap this together and have me pick it up in the morning with no conversation about the purchase. Fail

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99