any ideas how to get to the expansion bays of PowerSpec B940?

Options

Unfortunately I was unable to find a manual on the spec page

(sorry can't post links because I am too new to this site).

The expansion bays for hard drives seem to be located somewhere near the bottom of the case but I don't know how to open their compartment.

Maybe you can recognize the case and tell me the name so that I can look it up.

I used to be good around computers and mobos but this one is too advanced for me.

Best Answer

• Rye_Bread
    Rye_Bread ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey, snikozos!

You'd need to remove the glass panel using the two thumb screws on the back, then remove the two lower thumb screws on the panel just below where the glass one was. Just inside the case, in the middle of the PSU shroud there's a tiny phillips screw which you need to remove. After that, the bottom panel will slide off, revealing the PSU as well as the hard drive bays.

The PowerSpecs use some of Lian Li's best cases, this particular one being the 205 Mesh. Here's a YouTube video showing the expansion bays: https://youtu.be/1QA5AyJKxgc?t=180

Quick heads up, this is not my video. Full credit to the owner!

Hope this helps, let us know if you need anything else! :)

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99