Require Upgrade Assistance, Please

Options

I bought this PC for my son and he regularly complains of latency/lag issues. I know it isn't internet speed as we are good there (450+). What would be the top 2-3 items to improve performance on this unit? We did add an external hard drive of 1 TB too. Another 16 MB RAM would be good, but I don't know if enough for the latency.

G163 Gaming Computer AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz Processor; AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5; 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 500GB SSD

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz Processor
  • AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
  • 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM
  • 500GB SSD
  • 10/100/1000 LAN + WiFi 5 WLAN
  • Windows 10 Home

The PowerSpec G163 desktop computer is a powerful gaming machine featuring the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, an ASRock B450M/AC system board powered by a 600W PSU, 16GB 2666 DDR4 RAM, a 500GB NVME SSD, and a Radeon RX 580 8G discrete video card. Note: This system is preinstalled with Windows 10 Home software.

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

It would help to know what game(s) are having the problem. There are so many different games with different requirements.

An external hard drive will probably be very slow compared to the SSD inside. But that will only affect the time it takes to start up a game, not during play, except when loading new levels.

How old is this system? 3 to 5 years?

• Valorant primarily and its Riot Client.

Next month the unit will be two years old.

Thanks.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

That system exceeds the recommended "high end" for Valorant so probably something else is the problem. Is the "latency/lag" in question input lag or network lag?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99