Looking for advice on parts for A Stock trading PC

Options
Tyson_KO1
Tyson_KO1 ✭✭
First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

Hello everyone.

I will currently use this PC for stock trading and other business/office applications.

This is my first build and I am open to any and all advise. I am currently stuck at selecting an efficient way to maximize cooling. 

Any other opinions on other parts are welcome as well.

Thank you in advance.

Mike 

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 9 5950X Vermeer 3.4GHz 16-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included ($489.99 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) MSI X570S MEG ACE MAX AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($359.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL18 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C18D-64GVK - Black ($189.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Fractal Design Torrent Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($279.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) Seasonic USA PRIME TX-850, 850W 80+ Titanium, Full Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode, 12 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and High-Performance Systems, SSR-850TR. ($259.99 EACH)

Video Card: (1) PNY NVIDIA Quadro RTX A2000 Single-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card ($499.99 EACH)

M.2 / NVMe SSD: (1) Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V7S2T0B/AM) ($159.99 EACH)

Hard Drive: (1) Seagate FireCuda 8TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal CMR Hard Drive ($239.99 EACH)

Total: $2,289.93

Comments

• Lambdaben
    Options

Hi @Tyson_KO1,

Are you using any specialized software like TradeStation or a proprietary software? I would make sure the system meets the system requirements, but I have a few questions I'd like to ask....

1. Why not do the 2TB Samsung 980 or 990 Pro or WD SN850X for your primary drive for maximum performance?
    2. Why the 8TB drive? Is that a backup drive or just a storage drive?
    3. How may monitors do you plan to run? Most traders run 4 to 8 depending on the complexities of their watched trades......

I would consider either the IceGiant or a Dark Rock Pro for cooling since this is a business machine.

• Tyson_KO1
    Options

Hi Lambdaben,

My plan was to use the samsung 980 for my primary drive and the seagate as the backup/storage drive.,

My concern for cooling is based on how hot the 5950x runs. My ultimate goal is speed and stability.

I currently have a 40" and a 29" Most of what I am doing now is covered calls with some event trading thrown in. so I am using Schwab and ameritrade. I also use a number of browser based services for misc data and charting.

Is there anything else that you would recommend with my part selection.

Thanks a lot for your comments,

Mike

• Lambdaben
    Options

No, the build looks really good. The faster Samsung 980 Pro, 990 Pro and the SN850X from WD would give you faster performance due to their increased speeds over the regular 970 EVO Plus SSD, so I think that would be worth the upgrade.

For cooling, please watch the video below for reference on the IceGiant

The A2000 will be able to handle the monitors without any issues.

Other than that, like I stated earlier, I think you have a solid build.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99