Hi, I recently bought a cpu, motherboard bundle, I am unhappy with the cpu and wanted to return the

Hi, I recently bought a cpu, motherboard bundle, I am unhappy with the cpu and wanted to return the cpu and buy a different one from microcenter, while keeping the motherboard, is that possible?.

Answers

• By all means, you can return the cpu you are unhappy with and buy something else. However, if you purchased one of the free motherboard bundles, I do believe the motherboard would have to be returned from what I understand....

• Derbio
    Derbio
    First Comment
    edited December 2022

Yeah it was a free motherboard combo. I want to swap the i7-12700k to i7-13700k they are both the same price instore non bundled, so i don't see why there would be a issue with me swapping hopefully someone who works for MC can chime in. Cause I'm not happy with the performance of the i7-12700k. Not to mention they also bundled a even higher cpu with the same motherboard with a i9-12900k as well not just the i7-12700k,

• Ummm I work for Micro Center 😅, the board would no longer be free since the free motherboard only applies to certain bundles. So you would either need to return the motherboard as part of the bundle or pay the discounted bundle price for the motherboard.

• Lambdaden, did you mean either return the bundle (cpu + motherboard) or return the CPU only and pay the retail price for the motherboard i.e. without the bundle discount?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99