Thinkpad X1 Nano vs Thinkpad T14

Options
Julia_V
Julia_V ✭✭✭
5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
edited December 2022 in Prebuilt PCs and Laptops

Big ThinkPad fan here, wanted to share my recent personal experience with these two models: if you're on the fence on which ThinkPad is better for you.

I've always loved Lenovo ThinkPads because they are built well, they look nice, they have awesome keyboards...you name it. Recently Micro Center stocked some new ThinkPad models such as the T14 and the X1 Nano (and even a refurbished X1 Carbon with an 8th Gen Intel Processor), and I was finally excited to get one for myself.

I initially bought the T14 with the 12th Generation i5 Processor and 16 GB RAM, with 256 GB storage. Was super hyped about it. I wanted to replace the storage with a 970 Evo Plus I had from a previous ThinkPad Yoga because 256GB seemed a little low for my needs. I loved the way the chassis felt, plus the classic ThinkPad keyboard experience. I also adore the 16:10 screen aspect ratio, especially on the 14-inch laptops. The ONLY thing that I noticed, which I wasn't sure how I felt about, was the color output on the screen. Being an IPS panel and all, it was a great productivity screen. Then, I realized that I wasn't getting the full range of colors I usually get in my YouTube videos :( Being an artist and all, I missed my vibrant colors.

So then I exchanged my T14 for the X1 Nano. This one I got has the 12th Gen Intel i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM, and a 1TB SSD. It's also Intel Evo Certified (I just really like having the Intel Evo sticker on my laptop, because I'm a huge nerd) and I'm really loving it. The screen is amazing, the weight is nice... and all of the above. I honestly haven't felt happier with another laptop (just so you know, I used a chromebook in college). I paid the difference in price when I made the exchange, but seriously, it was worth it. I do like the fact that there's 2x 1W subwoofers in addition to the speakers inside of this tiny laptop, too. 😂

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99