Reloading windows

Options

I have a powerspec computer about 6 years old with windows 10 pro. I want to reset back to original to erase what is on it. How can I do this. I don;t have the Windows disk or the product id to reactivate windows. It is currently activated.

Answers

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

You can press and hold the shift key and restart the computer, it will take you to a screen that will allow you to reload the computer that way, or you can do a Google search for "Windows Media Creation Tool" it will take you to a site where you can download and create the installer for Windows 10 and reload it with that, activation will not be an issue and a code will not be needed. Then just download the drivers from PowerSpec's website

• Thank you for your help it worked perfectly. I was just nervous that would have to buy a new copy of windows because I had no disk and no activation numbers. It’s all on the computer.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Charlie1703

We flash your license key into the firmware when the system is built. If you were to do a clean install of Windows, it won't ask you for a key. It'll auto detect your OS version during the install and skip that entire portion. It'll activate automatically once you get online.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99