Help with 1st pc build. Is this overkill (Updated specs)

Options
Levi_J
Levi_J
First Comment
edited December 2022 in Help Choosing Parts
Hello I am looking for input, suggestions and knowledge on current build list. Im currently gaming on console and looking to switch to pc. My main goal would be to build a rig that outperforms and outlast current cosoles. I think the setup listed below will do so (Although not 100% sure of that statement) Am i going to far with this build and spending money that may not necessarily be needed, just being an avid weekend gamer who will most likely not be multitasking with this unit.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  (Also sorry for the copy and paste.  Being new to the community the site would not allow me to add the build sheet link)

Again thanks for any comments provided 

Levi 

-Intel - Core i7-13700K Raptor Lake 3.4GHz.   Sixteen-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor -   Heatsink Not Included
-ASUS - Z790-E ROG Strix Gaming WiFi Intel.   LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard
-Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB)   DDR5-5600 PC5-44800 CL36 Dual Channel   Desktop Memory Kit CMH32GX5M2B560
-Lian Li - LANCOOL III RGB Tempered Glass.   ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case
-ASUS - Republic of Gamers Thor 850 Watt 80   Plus Platinum ATX Fully Modular Power   Supply
-MSI - AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT Gaming X   Trio Triple Fan 16GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0   Graphics Card
-Crucial - BX500 1TB SSD 3D NAND SATA III   6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive
-Inland - Performance Plus 1TB 3D TLC.   NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
-ASUS - ROG STRIX LC II 360mm RGB CPU   Water Cooling Kit

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

If you need an internal DVD drive, you need to find a different case. I'm pretty sure the LanCool series do not have 5.25 external bays.

Otherwise looks fine. Most games don't use that many cores so often the best gaming CPU is the i7 level, not the i9 level. Is there a reason you want the 12th gen and not the current 13th gen?

• Levi_J
    Options

Magarity

Thanks for your response. As far as the dvd drive i just threw it in the build because the only option for Windows at my local micro center was dvd. The drive isnt necessary knowing that other options are available outside of micro center for a download. As far as the cpu i think it just boiled down to selecting certain products prior to selecting the cpu and compatability. (Probably not the best choice on my part 😁) Im assuming the motherboard selected doesn't support the 13th gen memory.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Z690 CPU compatibility: Intel® Z690 Chipset

Microcenter should also carry Windows on a USB. They may just be out of stock right now. Hardly worth buying a DVD drive. You can also order it straight from Microsoft on USB.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99