Budget Gaming Build?

New here and in need of any advice/answers as to if the PC I'm building up for a younger family member will be the right one... It's mainly going to be used to play GTA 5 / FiveM, ROBLOX, Forza Horizon 5, and Minecraft:

CPU: i5-12400 Alder Lake 2.4GHz Six-Core LGA 1700

Motherboard: MSI - Z690-P Pro DDR4 Intel LGA 1700

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 - 3600

PSU: Thermaltake - Smart Series 700 Watt

Graphics Card: MSI - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1630 Ventus XS Overclocked Dual Fan 4 GB

SSD: WD - Blue SN570 1TB TLC 3D NAND PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

Cooling: MSI - MAG CORELIQUID P240 240mm

Case: Lian Li - Lancool 215 Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Greetings,

What budget amount were you looking at?

• Hi @ScratchPnB,

Here's a link for a build that should work for you, assuming your local Micro Center has the parts in stock. It comes is at $1,061.93 before tax with our current promotions, but act fast as these promotions are set to expire on December 29th.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

On the one hand, a 1630 is a little better than the graphics in the CPU, but really, if your budget is that tight just now, would you be open to the idea of using the CPU graphics for a while? You can always buy a graphics card when you could spend say $200 on one?

• It's funny that you want to build a $1000 Pc NOW, because as I can't build PC's every day, one of my hobbies is to just make up a budget and create a parts list for that budget, and so I actually just made a $1000 build, partly using Micro Center, it's also a super clean white build that'll perform really well in all those games, although in GTA 5 and forza horizon 5 the player won't be getting AS crazy fps as in other games, but there is absolutely no way that he/she will notice it. let me send the build now

• 1Bored_soul_editor
    edited December 2022

I just sent a pcpartpicker link, so it should appear soon, I purposely left out a CPU, Motherboard and Power Supply, That's because I highly suggest getting a Ryzen 7 5700X for just 189 dollars on microcenter which is pretty crazy, and then i'd suggest the ASRock B550-M Pro4, which costs $100, but if you have the 5700X in your microcenter cart it will take off $20 which means its only $80, and it's still a good and nice looking white board, but if you could spend $20 more I would get the ASRock X570-M Pro4, which you can get on microenter open-box for just $132, and with the CPU it's just $102, so if you go for the B550 then add $270 to the partpicker list, and if you get the X570, the CPU-Mobo will cost $290, and about the Power Supply, I just saw a Gigabyte 650W 80+ gold fully modular for just 80 bucks, but it went out of stock, so I would get all these parts fast as I believe the CPU will go up in price soon, and i'll check often for a good Power supply, and when I find one again i'll send it to you, hope this helps and isn't too confusing!

• 1Bored_soul_editor
    edited December 2022

Oh and I forgot to add, the build if I find a $80-85 Power supply which I'm sure I will, is only going to be $980-$1000 without tax depending on if you get the B550 or X570 Motherboard, also, these boards don't have wifi, but all you have to do is buy a little wifi usb you can get them for like 10 bucks, so ya, I think that's it!

• Man I feel like such an idiot now because I was assuming the whole time you wanted white because you could get so much more performance if you go for black, do you want me to give you a black build?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99