Looking Forward: 2023 In Tech!

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Last week, our Champions took time to reflect on their favorite Micro Center moments from 2022. Now that we're in the new year, they've started looking forward through 2023, covering some of the things they're most excited about in the new year, including gaming tech, BYO parts, and more!

Digital Twin Technology by @Lambdaben

As we approach the end of 2022, I've been thinking a lot about what the future holds for NVIDIA’s digital twin technology that they announced at GTC (GPU Technology Conference). One area that I am particularly excited about is its potential to transform the retail industry.

In 2023, I think we will see digital twins being used in a variety of ways within retail. For example, they could optimize store layouts, predict customer behavior, and streamline supply chain management. Digital twins can also help retailers better understand their customers by analyzing data from in-store sensors, online interactions, and more. This will give retailers a lot of opportunity to better improve customer shopping experiences, employee workflows and productivity, and even general facilities maintenance. Micro Center has already dipped its toes into similar spaces, with 3D maps of each of our stores, so you can plan your trip ahead of time!

I am really looking forward to seeing how digital twin technology will continue to shape and improve the retail industry in 2023 and beyond. I can’t wait to see what the future holds!

Next-Gen Samsung Phones by @ChaosDTV

Samsung Galaxy A53

The most exciting thing I can't wait to see is what Samsung has in store for us with their next generation of smartphones. They absolutely knocked it out of the park in 2022, making massive waves in the phone industry. 2023 is looking to be even more exciting as they continue to revolutionize what a phone is capable of with next-generation processing power, design, and who know what else! Its a really exciting time to be a Samsung fan, and I'm incredibly excited to hear more news about what may be coming down the pipeline for Samsung. And if you haven't gotten a chance to check out Samsung's lineup, stop by your local Micro Center - we'll be happy to show you why they're fantastic phones!

White Noctua Fans by @JeremyS

We haven't seen what they'll look like yet, so pretend this Noctua NH-D15 is white

Noctua, world-renowned for their performance, quality, silence, and, of course, color choice, is finally starting to veer into more options for its ravenous fans. Confirmed back in January of 2022, Noctua announced the roadmap for anticipated releases, such as version two of the NH-D15, a desk fan, improved existing fan models and coolers, and a major change for their color palette: white fans. Previously, Noctua anticipated the release for the white fans in quarter 4 of 2022, but delays have pushed them into the new year. So far there is no official sneak peek at the look of the new fans, coolers, or desk fan, but I have no doubt it's going to be gorgeous and a welcome addition to their already stunning lineup of fans.

PSVR2 (PlayStation VR 2) by @TreBouncee

Image: Sony/Playstation

2023 is here and with the new year, there is new tech to be had. As always, there are rumors circulating a plenty, l but I wanted to focus on one particular product that’s actually confirmed. Sony's second generation PSVR is reportedly releasing on February 22, 2023. The successor to the original PSVR coming 7 years later is highly anticipated for a few reasons. The addition of USB-C, a pass-through view, and an increased resolution are a few of the most eye-catching upgrades. With the success of Sony's PS5 , it seems the PSVR 2 will slot into the PlayStation lineup with ease. I believe Sony has an opportunity to be a major player in the VR space thanks to their exclusive catalog of games and increased resolution. I’m certainly looking forward to a fun first quarter in 2023. Of course, if you're looking for VR today, be sure to check out the fully-wireless Oculus Quest 2!

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99