Trying to follow up on mis-picked item

Options

Hello Microcenter,

I had a family member pick up an order from the Dallas store on 12/24/22 as I live 8 hours from the closest MC. I met with them on 1/1/23 and looked over the items quickly and unfortunately at that time didn't notice the ASUS Motherboard was not the same as the one I ordered and on the receipt. Next time I checked the packages (mb, cpu, ram) was on 1/3/23 and I noticed the MB that had been picked up was an ASUS TUF B650M-Plus when what I ordered and is on the receipt is an ASUS Prime B650-Plus. I thought at that time that I could still make it work for my build as the micro form factor and losing 1pci and 1 m2 slot didn't seem like a big deal to me. However when I went to dry fit my AIO that came in on 1/4/23 I noticed a problem... My Arctic freezer II 280 mounting brackets do not work with the mirco-atx board as there are capacitors in the way. I contacted support/help on 1/4/23 both through text and live chat (as apparently your stores don't post phone numbers). I was told that the store would be in contact with me about this. It is now 1/6/23 and I have yet to hear from the store and followed up yesterday with live chat who informed me it can take up to 2 days. I would like to know how MC is going to fix this mix-up considering my distance from a physical store... I'm also disappointed in myself for not catching the MC mix-up earlier (Both are ASUS boards...) and that my build is now delayed indefinitely.

Thanks,

John

Answers

• GoatForHire
    Options

If a rep sent over your information sounds like they'll get back to you soon, I was at the Dallas store recently and they were swamped with people in-store. Last I knew Micro Center didn't ship things purchased in-store for returns, so I'd guess you'd need a manager to arrange something for you, they'll probably get back to you when they get some time to.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99